Sunday 25 August 2013

CASology Week 59 - Book

Good Afternoon,

This week's Cue Card at CASology is something that I love almost as much as cardmaking.  No it's not chocolate, but that would also fit, but Book!  I love to read, so I surprised myself when I had no stamps that featured books! So after a bit on pondering, I rememebered seeing cards which feature die cuts from actual book pages.  Now since I love my books I couldn't bring myself to tear a page out so I made my own book page to use.


Supplies Used:
Computer generated text and printed on copier paper
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Antique Linen to make the paper look like an old book page
Clearly Besotted - Butterflies Wishes - Die and Stamp
Sparkle from my stash




Now it's over to you guys, I can't wait to see what you all come up with this week, but before you get started have a quick visit round the rest of the Design Team for further inspiration.


and this week's Guest Designer - Lisa


20 comments :

  1. Oh, good one - you nailed it AGAIN. Love your butterfly book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple, stylish and inspirational - can't say more! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how your sweet butterfly words are not random, they are laugh, love, live, listen..

    Lovely messages!!! Lovely mini book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the butterfly and your book paper is perfect! What a beautiful clean and simple card for this week's cue card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gillian, I love your take on the challange, it's stunning and brilliant.
    luv
    ir3ne
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gillian, I love your book pages...perfect words for your card! Love the kraft card base, it makes the butterfly layers just pop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gillian, I love your book pages...perfect words for your card! Love the kraft card base, it makes the butterfly layers just pop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabby idea Gillian ! Beautiful simple card-but stunning :)
    Nessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card, brilliant idea to generate your own pages. The 3 layered butterfly looks awesome, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect! love your book page butterfly:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet simple and I love the layered butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic job creating your own paper for the paper cue card, Gilly! I think you get double Design Team points for that one! Your card is brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oops, I meant to say make your own paper for the BOOK cue word!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant idea. Love your handmade paper. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like we were on the same wave length this week :) I love how you layered your butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah...such beautiful simplicity and love the way you created the butterfly!!! That kraft cardstock is perfect as the BG!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great idea for the cue word and a perfectly beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my little blog and thank you so much for any comments you leave. Unfortunately due to the volume of anonymous comments I am receiving I have had to turn that option off in the meantime.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...