Tuesday 6 May 2014

CASology Week 94 - Metal

Good Afternoon,

The Cue word as CASology this week is Metal, now if you have been reading my blog lately you will know that most of my craft stuff is packed away in boxes while we move house, so I didn't have any charms I could use, metallic embossing powder so a quick look through my stamps was in order. And thankfully I had a few I could use, in the end I settled on this cute bike stamp as bikes are make from metal right?



Supplies Used:
Clearly Besotted - Great Day

So how does my card fit into the 'helpful hints' for a CAS card

  • One main image - The bike and butterflies
  •  Lots of open space (uncluttered) - The white space is more than two thirds of my card
  • Limited layers & embellishments - Only one additional layer to the base card
  • Quick & easy to recreate - Stamp the varies stamps and colours and that's it!



Now it's over to you guys, I can't wait to see what Clean and Simple ideas you all come up with this week, but before you get started have a quick visit round the rest of the Design Team for further inspiration.


Guest Designer - Janet

And our wonderful sponsor - Cindy Coutts


Thanks for visiting 

9 comments :

  1. Clever take on the cue card and such a simple but so effective trick to stamp off - it creates movement and softness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great thought process, great card, colours and image Gillian. Such talent. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card. Of course, bikes are made from metal, and that is a great way to go with this cue word. I love how you did those butterflies emerging from the basket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your almost-one-layer card with happy scene! Those butterflies added so much fun to your card, too. Love this!!! By the way, good luck on your move. May

    ReplyDelete
  5. So soft and sweet! I love the ombre butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  6. The perfect image Gillian for this week. No need to apologize you beat me this week! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I would go mad with all my crafty stuff packed away! Hope the move goes/is going smoothly and that you'll have your goodies back at your fingertips soon!
    As for your card I love the soft colours and gradient butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gillian, no need to apologize...I'm even later getting around to all the blogs this week, work is SO hectic! (Burning the late night candles and getting up super early, no rest for the weary!) I love your sweet bike image and those pretty butterflies...I toyed around with using my bike stamp, too, but this is so fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my little blog and thank you so much for any comments you leave. Unfortunately due to the volume of anonymous comments I am receiving I have had to turn that option off in the meantime.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...