Wednesday 16 July 2014

Wave the Flag

Good Morning,

It's a dumb dull day here in the north east of Scotland, we have been getting gorgeous sunshine lately so for the rain to appear again is a bit of a disappointment.

My card today is combining a couple of challenges, don't you love it when that happens!


Supplies Used:
Papertrey Ink Die (Used as a mask)
Stampin Up ink
Ink Dusters
Uniko Studio - All Occasions #3
Clearly Besotted - Full Steam Ahead (Star Stamp)

Challenges Entered:

CAS on Sunday - One Layer Wonder

One Layer Simplicity Challenge - Wave the Flag. We have been asked to use our countries flag as inspiration for our cards.  Since I class myself as both Scottish & British I had two flags to choose from.  I noticed from the gallery there were a number of red, white & blue flags already so I went with the Scottish Saltire as my inspiration.  I used the blue & white as my inspiration however rather than a flat blue I decided to create a ombre effect.  Wow that was a long explanation!




Thanks for visiting


3 comments :

  1. A great card, Gillian, and very appropriate with the Games starting shortly. Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant use of your country's flag, both colours and design.I love the gradation of the blues.
    Heather T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! Love those ombre chevrons. Lots of color, but lots of lovely white space. Wonderful CAS card. Bev

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my little blog and thank you so much for any comments you leave. Unfortunately due to the volume of anonymous comments I am receiving I have had to turn that option off in the meantime.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...