Tuesday 15 April 2014

CASology Week 91- Note

Good Afternoon,

It's time for a new Cue Card at CASology this week, we had so many great and varied interpretations of 'Wet' last week and hopefully we will see the same again this time round.  This week the Cue Card is 'Note', when I first thought of this I was thinking of a notepad, however as usual ended up in a totally different direction and went with Musical Notes instead.


Supplies Used:
Unity Stamp Company - Musical Notes Stamp
Stampin Up - Express Yourself 
Ink Dusters

So how does my card fit into the 'helpful hints' for a CAS card

  • One main image - The masked off portion of the card
  •  Lots of open space (uncluttered) - Two thirds of my card is 'white space'
  • Limited layers & embellishments - Only one additional layer to the base card, in a contrasting colour to add additional interest.
  • Quick & easy to recreate - Mask off section for stamping, stamp image, do some ink dusting and add the sentiment.



Now it's over to you guys, I can't wait to see what Clean and Simple ideas you all come up with this week, but before you get started have a quick visit round the rest of the Design Team for further inspiration.


Guest Designer - Dena

And our wonderful sponsor - Sweet Stamp Shop


Thanks for visiting

15 comments :

  1. The music paper is such a great take on the cue Gillian!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect masking! Love your take on the cue card. I hadn't thought of musical note!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love the soft feel of the inked panel, Gillian!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the softly inked panel :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the direction you took this card in! Soft and subtle. Really delightful. bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. Subtle colouring and clever use of the cue word, love this card Gillian :D x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super idea for the cue card and fantastic execution. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clean, simple, elegant, lovely - as always!! Love this Gillian!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gillian, what a lovely masked and inked portion highlighting musical notes...love your interpretation of the cue this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely interpretation Gillian and love your soft panel music notes...adorable and soft look of your card...I just join in the last 1 hour (before the challenge finished) of the challenge on CASology...hope you like to see it on my Blog...have a great day and big hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gillian, this is beautiful! I love the simplicity and that warm color!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your card Gillian . I like the piano notes on the side!: - )

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your card Gillian ,
    I like the piano notes on the side

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your card Gillian . I like the musical notes on the side, it looks relly good

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry Gillian, just catching up with blog land tonight….This is fab. I really struggle with masculine cards, but this is a perfect example xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my little blog and thank you so much for any comments you leave. Unfortunately due to the volume of anonymous comments I am receiving I have had to turn that option off in the meantime.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...