Wednesday 9 November 2011

Flower Pot Makeover - Decorate your own plant pots

Hi again,

My future MIL brought me some little potted flowers for my kitchen window sill at the weekend.  She did promise me they were easy to look after as I an notorious for killing poor house plants.  The flowers are a beautiful pink colour and almost look like little butterflies.  However they came in the standard plastic terracotta coloured pots.  So me being me, I decided that they needed a bit of a make over.

Using a ball of garden twine I wrapped the twine round the pots, using adhesive spray to keep it in place and just kept wrapping them until they are completely covered, really simple if not a bit messy with the adhesive spray.  However I still felt that they needed something more.  So I have a rummage through my stash and found pink ribbon that was the exact same colour as the flowers, Perfect! I simply attached the ribbon in the same way as the twine.

I decided to finish at this point since the colours are quite bright, but you could easily add some bows, die cut butterflies, tags with the name of the plants or herbs on them or anything else that takes your fancy.

You will notice in the last photo that my basil plant also got the same makeover treatment just with a different colour ribbon. I think the more subtle colours of the green really sets off the hot pink! (I know my basil looks a bit bare, but I was cooking thai food over the weekend so my little plant got a bit of a haircut.)


Before



After






All in all I think it took me about half an hour to do all 3 pots, so it was definitely a quick and cheap way to jazz up my pots and add a splash of colour to my kitchen,

Hope you like them too.  Feel free to add any comments if you have any suggestions on how I could make them any cuter.

Speak Soon
x

1 comment :

  1. Hi Gillian

    Fabby flower pots and your plants look gorgeous too!

    Great idea.

    Thank you for entering to win the Handy Hippo Christmas candy on my blog .. .. good luck!!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my little blog and thank you so much for any comments you leave. Unfortunately due to the volume of anonymous comments I am receiving I have had to turn that option off in the meantime.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...