I promised earlier on today to post something I had been working on. Every year I try and find a good way to displaying my Christmas cards, but they normally end up blue tacked onto my living room door. After seeing all the various wreaths on Pinterest I used that as my inspiration.
Using pipe insulation, from my local hardware store, I created my wreath shape by duct taping the ends together.
I also added my ribbon at this point but that was a really stupid idea, so wait until the end to do it.
Next I used my Christmas fabric to wrap round the foam, using my glue gun to hold it in place, and kept wrapping until it was completely covered. I did this for all 3 wreaths.
At this point I should have added my ribbon to join the 3 together. I used my glue gun again to form loops in the ribbons and glue them to the wreaths for extra stability.
Finally I glued on my wooden clothes pegs, I added approximately 20 per wreath and are arranged them in a combination of facing inwards and outwards so I can make full use of the space round the wreath.
After this all I had to do was hang them on my over door hook and attached some Christmas cards. If you look closely you might be able to see some of the cards I have been working on.
I hope you like this idea, and if anybody decides to make one themselves, I would love to see your take on it.
I also follow the wonderful Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge. This weeks challenge is 'Christmas' so I thought this would be a suitable submission.
Thanks for reading