Sunday 22 September 2013

Less Is More - Week 138 - Felt or Fabric

Good Afternoon,

We seem to be having a bit of an Indian summer here in the north east of Scotland. Temperatures are supposed to be up to 21c, which would be a nice day in the middle of summer, never mind September. So hopefully it lasts for a few more days.

My in laws were visiting for the weekend so there was no crafting for me until lunchtime when they headed back home.  The first thing I wanted to make was my entry into this week's Less Is More challenge.  This week was have been asked to create a card using felt or fabric.

I actually ended up making two cards for this challenge, as just when I finished my first card a second idea popped into my head.  I will share my favourite one first.


Supplies Used:
MFT - Loopy Bloom
Unity Stamp Co - Music of my Heart
Felt from my sewing box
Clearly Besotted - Leafy Accents Die
Stampin Up - Teeny Tiny Sentiment
Clearly Besotted - Tag Along Die

For my other card I stamped on canvas for the the fabric part of the challenge and then water coloured it


Stampin Up - Canvas
Stampin Up - Simply Sketched
Watercolour Pen

Off now to make some more Christmas cards.

Thanks for visiting
x

14 comments :

  1. Gorgeous cards Gillian. I adore that loopy bloom ... may have to check that out! Wish list! LOL x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow 2 beautiful cards. I have a little felt bloom like that lying on my desk for weeks... now I feel inspired to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous flower Gillian!
    Gorgeous cards!
    Thanks so much
    Christine
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful love the flower xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two totally different flowers, but I like them both! The first is so well combined and the second so elegant... Have a fun sunday, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both beautiful cards Gillian-I love your stamping but,that Loopy Bloom is just fabulous-wonder if you could make those...(runs back into craftroom LOL!)
    Nessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. both stunning! im in love with the second one.....your watercoloring is PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous big pink blume - I love that style of felt flower it always makes a card feel so decadent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know - it's bbq weather! Hope you enjoyed the visit. Your cards are both fabulous. I'm loving a bit of canvas myself at the moment and love the idea of watercolouring the image. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both really beautiful card Gillian, sorry I have been a bad commenter lately! I am always in awe of your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are both beautiful Gillian! I love the watercolouring especially!
    Lizy xx (LIM GDT)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love both of your cards! The one with the felt flower is adorable, but I prefer the one with the anemone, .... it is so full of brightness and the colours are so gorgeous!! Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  13. the flower on the first card is so lush, but the second card is so beautiful too and serene.
    Liinbyx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab cards Gillian, love the beautiful flower on the 1st and the stamp on the second is amazing too :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my little blog and thank you so much for any comments you leave. Unfortunately due to the volume of anonymous comments I am receiving I have had to turn that option off in the meantime.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...