Sunday 25 March 2012

First BBQ of the year

Wow, what a great day it has been today. The sun is shining and not a cloud in the sky.  We decided to take full advantage of this great weather and have our first BBQ of the year.  Can't quite believe we managed to achieve this in March, but it was great.  

Now that we have finally moved back inside I thought I would quickly share with you all a card I made yesterday.  Apologises in advance for the photo, I cannot for the life of me get a good picture of this card which shows the pink embossing.

Supplies Used: 
Papermania - 'Birdsong' stamp set
Versamark ink
American Zing embossing powder in Pink
Black & pink card from my snippet box
Pink ribbon from my stash

Challenges Entered

For the less is more challenge I have picked the following past challenges
Week 2 - Flower or Tree
Week 15 - Embossing
Week 43- A bit of bling (the embossing powder has glitter in it)
Week 33 - Anything goes

Hope you have all had the nice weather today too.

Thanks for visiting

16 comments :

  1. Hola Gillian, fantastic card, simply gorgeous!, i love your tree and black and pink are fantastic combo colour, well done.
    A hug from palma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Gilly - so striking! LIM is troubling me this week - so much to choose from, what am I like?! You obviously managed just fine though, this is really beautiful! Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card!

    Sometimes if you angle your card, you can get a closer shot of the embossing :) Meanwhile, I can tell, but it was good you told me to look! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another Gorgeous card! Love this color combo.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really pretty Gillian.
    I love the colour combo!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card Gillian, I just love the colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pink and black together, stunning card. Hasn't it been gorgeous and such a beautiful day for a bbq. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this came out so pretty I love the pink on the dark background. Can you email me stampingholly@hotmail.com with your mailing address you were one of our Blog Candy winners for Mashup #50. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Gillian
    Love it
    Thank you very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super CAS card in striking colours. Congrats. I'm with Di . . . and cannot choose 3 LIM challenges to put on a card. Don't think I'll bother this week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just beautiful, love the pink against the very striking black.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really pretty, great job with the colors :) Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful Gillian! I really love the black and pink together - very striking! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card. So simple but so effective. Like it. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my little blog and thank you so much for any comments you leave. Unfortunately due to the volume of anonymous comments I am receiving I have had to turn that option off in the meantime.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...